Google Business Profile you probably still know as Google My Business. However, suppose you’re not familiar with that name either. In that case, there’s a lot to learn and understand in the chapter to get busy right away in getting that set up, running, and optimized. If you are looking for an answer to “how to be on google maps for concrete coating business” Read more.
What is Google Business Profile?
Direct Translation: Google Business Profile is an easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. To help customers find your business and tell them your story, you can verify your business and edit your business information. (Google Support 2022)
Google is saying here that you can create, manage, maintain, and optimize a free listing on their maps. If you’re starting, this is the place you’d want to start. It’s free and easy to use, and they even provide a website template you can use to get started. There isn’t much customization with that website, but it will help you move in the right direction. Later, it will provide you with a great SEO signal for your website once you have that built out.
If you haven’t downloaded the app, you’d want to do that soon. Upon writing this book, the app is still available to download in your favorite app store. Just search for “Google My Business.”
The advantage of having the app on your phone (or your team) is that it will allow you to take pictures of your work, your office, your team, your trucks, and everything under the sun right inside the app. This little trick is more potent than you might think. All your images taken from your phone create a geocoordinate and save it to the image’s metadata. Google sees this information and will understand that you provide services in that area. It is a great way to rank those areas you serve the most!
The other option is you can post content in the app. You can use the same images you’ve just taken, create a post for people to see and read, then link that to your website or a phone number. Doing these activities every day will dramatically increase your ranking probabilities. Trust me. If you rank your business in Google Maps to the top 3 spots, you will get considerably more business than before. It costs nothing but time and energy to make it work efficiently. You’re probably already taking photos for Facebook and Instagram, so why not add this to your task list?
You can create events and promotions in the app as well. These options rank well as they are usually short-term actions, so Google will favor those over the posts you create. The images and posts also appear on the free website you’ve just created.
Google Business Profile is where you get all your Google reviews. Your customers can search for your name online and hopefully find your Map Listing to leave a review. Still, inside the app, Google gives you a short link to send to your happy customers to make it easier to provide you with that 5-star review you deserve. Knowing that you have an easy-to-use link, you can add this to your emails and automation after they’ve paid the invoice. An automated version of your review process will increase your chances of getting more reviews tenfold!
How to Optimize Your Google Business Profile For Concrete Coating Contractors: Where Do I Start?
If you don’t have this set up already, you need to do a few things to set it up.
- Go to business.google.com and create an account.
- Once created, download the app and sign in.
- On the desktop browser, click add business and start going through adding all your details.
- Do not add 24 hrs for your business hours if you don’t offer it. Do it right, or you could be liable for a suspension. Google is stringent these days with Google My Business.
- Address. If you don’t have a physical address for your business, you have your home, for example, then use the address and then choose “I serve customers at their address” and hide your address. Hiding it will make your business a Service Area Business (SAB). It’s not 100% proven, but some studies show that having an actual address is better, which makes sense because it is a map, after all. So, if you’re ok showing your address, I recommend hiding it.
- Verification: You will need to verify this profile, so once you’ve put in all the details, you can get a postcard sent to you. COVID has made this a bit tricky. It might take longer than usual, but it’s usually ten business days.
- Once verified, you are on your way to success! Don’t change your address, or you could risk suspension. Keep it the way it is unless you’ve relocated.
- Categories, you’ll need to add your services and categories. Categories are what help Google understand what type of business you are. Unfortunately, there isn’t one for concrete coating just yet. So, you’ll need to look at your competitors who are ranking and make the best determination there. Typically, it’s either “Concrete Contractor” or “Flooring Contractor.” I would lean more towards “Concrete Contractor” and add “Flooring Contractor” as a secondary category. The reason is that flooring can be carpets and hardwood floors, which is not even close to what you do. Concrete is much more relevant.
- Next, you’ll need to add your services. If you offer Garage Floor Coating, Patio Floor Coating, and Pool Deck Coating, then you’ll want to add those services as categories. Add a description as well. It’s there for a reason, so fill it up with words so people can read it and engage with your profile. It helps your profile rank better.
- Calling – There are various options here. You can use a Google number, your number, or a tracking number. If you use those, be sure to put your actual number on the additional number line.
- One last thing you should do is get your map embedded in the footer of your website. It’s a bit of a complicated task if you’re not tech-savvy. It’s also not something I will write here, but the best thing to do is go over to YouTube and search for how to do it.
Now that you’ve created your Google Business Profile account, you’ll need to understand the latest changes that are coming. But, maybe even by the time you’ve read this book, those changes are already the norm.
In the fall of 2021, Google changed the name from Google My Business to Google Business Profile. In addition, they’ve updated the search page to allow users to make changes and respond to reviews right from search instead of the app. You have to type in search either your business name or “My Business,” and it will show you your options. That is where you can make quick updates on the fly and get those reviews rolling in quickly!
Congratulations, you’re officially a Google maps pro! Hopefully, with the information you received from reading this chapter, you’ll get a good handle on managing your profile. I can’t stress enough how important this part is. It’s completely free, and it will get you good quality leads once it starts to show up high enough in search results. All it has cost you so far is your time.